Wife threatens that I will never see children again

Home  > Stories > Wife threatens that I will never see children again
I am married with Japanese wife in Los Angeles. The marriage is bad and is poisoned beyond repair. We have a two year old with one more on the way.

I don't know how much more I can take. The verbal abuse and insults. Her physically violent rages.

On several occasions, she has stated that if she wants, at anytime, she can leave back to Japan with our son and I would never see them again.

If I decide on divorce sometime. Can I somehow prevent her ever taking our children to Japan based on her previous threats?

How is it possible to ever fully prevent her from leaving the country? I will not be able to live without my children.

Any advice? Please help.
Posted By:
jabriaw (9 posts)
5/27/2008 7:13:05 AM
re: Wife threatens that I will n...   profile
Hey MtBiker28,

I can TOTALLY sympathize with you, brother. I have also been the target of verbal insults and physical rages (not to mention no sex life for 2.5 years!). Our little princess is almost two years old now and the thought of leaving this hell hole without her has really been horrible. Like you, I live with the fear of never seeing my beautiful daughter again, but slowly I am letting go and accepting fate...if I don't (and if you don't) we will just go crazy ourselves. Is that how you would want your children to see you? A friend of mine reminded me that no matter what happens, we are still "part" of our children....my soul (your soul), my personality (your personality) and our hearts are part of them...maybe one day we will see them and have a relationship with them. I know it's hard...very hard, but just know that you are not alone...oh, yeah, let's never make the same mistake again by getting inolved with a Japanese woman.....that was mistake #1.
basil.hendroff@gmail.com (3 posts)
5/27/2008 9:58:38 AM
re: Wife threatens that I will n...   profile
Recommend you read my post of 26 May - Japan to sign Hague. Very relevant to you. Take preventative action to prevent the abduction of your child. Once your children are gone, your ability and opportunity to get them back are almost entirely extinguished. Act now before it's too late.

Important you at least consider the following actions and their applicability to the region you reside in (assuming you are not living in Japan).

1. Have the children's name place on a watch list with the federal authorities. Authorities will be alerted on any attempt to get the children out of the country via air, sea, road, etc.

2. Have your wife's name (maiden/married) placed on a watch list as well. Again region dependent, but in general, it is a criminal offence to punishable by law for a parent to remove a child without the consent of the other parent, except in extenuating circumstances eg. abuse, etc. An alert will be raised if she attempts to take the children against your wishes. She will be stopped as she attempts to leave the country at which point you may formally lay charges against her.

3. Have both sets of passports (non-Japanese and Japanese) held in trust by an independent person/authority eg family court mave be able to advise further. Arrange matters so that the passports will only be released if jointly agreed to with both parents present and in writing.

Do whatever you are legally able to do now to prevent the abduction of your children. The actions I've suggested above are not expensive to set up, but require an effort on your part to initiate.

Edited 5/28/2008 2:06:13 AM
joey25 (9 posts)
8/26/2008 9:11:21 AM
re: Wife threatens that I will n...   profile
I feel for you. I'd like to make some positive comments but right now I'm just testing to see if I can post.

FRIJ recommends you also visit crn japan, who are fighting international abduction to Japan and working to assure children in Japan of meaningful contact with both parents regardless of marital status