Not married and my 2 sons abandoned by Japanese Dad -What is my recourse?

Home  > Stories > Not married and my 2 sons abandoned by Japanese Dad -What is my recourse?
I have two sons from a Japanese man, who promised to marry me. I am living in Manila and he used to visit me there, especially when we don't have children yet. The kids were planned, we even have to undergo tests just to conceive, as I had difficulty conceiving before.

When we don't have a kid yet, he sent financial support regularly. When we had the child, the support became irregular and he always said that he just have business problem. Then we had a second child. The financial support was already irregular and the amount is not even enough to pay the the kid's expenses. I learned from a friend that he still has another family in Japan. When he knew that I know his secret already, he totally stopped the communications, he cannot be reached at all. He is not sending anything at all for the kids.

We are not married and I don't have any work. Is there anything I can do to get support from this Japanese man, who promised to marry me and take care of our children?

Posted By:
Boostedka (3 posts)
10/29/2008 6:28:35 AM
re: Not married and my 2 sons ab...   profile
In Japan, they have changed the law now. If you can prove he's the father through court action then you might be able to do something. However, not much can be done with "dead beat fathers" such as in this case. But you should be able to get your childrens' japanese citizenship reconized.

FRIJ recommends you also visit crn japan, who are fighting international abduction to Japan and working to assure children in Japan of meaningful contact with both parents regardless of marital status