what action should I do?

Home  > Stories > what action should I do?
hello everyone,

first of all, I would like to apologize in advance for every mistake (english) I might make...I'm french.

Here is the situation:

I've been married to a Japanese woman for more than 3 years, lived together for 5 years. We have 2 children (2yo and 4yo).
We got married in France and came to Japan 3 years ago.
We have been living on my financial ressources for 2 years, as my japanese got better I started to look for a job but without success.
My wife got employed a year ago and that when things went wrong, she fell in love with a co-worker, and cheated on me (they are still together). I found out 6 months ago, and talking about divorce ever since. She's really blaming all this on me, and it's annoying me to the point I can't wait to get a divorce. We're still living together with our kids...I eventually got a new girlfriend few weeks ago that she knows of...(I shouldn't have, I know)
The thing is:
Can I sue her for breaking the marriage for infidelity?
What could happen if I go back to france without paying anything to her? (maintenance allowance) she is leaving me just because she founded someone with more money... Even if I really love my kids it is still hard for me (mentaly) to give HER directly my money ( and I'm still unemployed)
What could happen if I stay in Japan without paying the maintenance allowance?

I'm with my kids pretty much every day while she's working , we're still living of my ressources, she wants me to live together for another half year (because she doesn't earn enough)
But she's making me crazy and my life a hell...
I don't want to run away, but If it's my only chance of regaining my sanity...I will do it.

what should I do or not do?
Thank you for your time


Edited 6/23/2010 1:40:25 PM

Edited 6/23/2010 1:42:24 PM
Posted By:
M.T.R.Taylor.Oita (2 posts)
11/27/2011 8:07:16 AM
re: what action should I do?   profile
hi Alex, Im Myles nice to chat.
I understand your postiton. I would recommend if you want to keep seeing your kids, try to stay under the same roof. Cause once the divorce is filed, you will have next to no chance of winning custody and the posibilty of seeing them will go very quickly. A friend of mine, stated record everything, buy a small digital recorder and hide it somewhere, just to support your cacse in the future. DONT threaten her with court, in this arena you will definately lose, try to obtain Aju-ken japanese citizenship while youre still married, it will help your custody issues in the future, please email me directly for futher advice, I wish to become a shining light for others in the same plight....

Father Piggy, Myles Taylor

FRIJ recommends you also visit crn japan, who are fighting international abduction to Japan and working to assure children in Japan of meaningful contact with both parents regardless of marital status