uk citizens divorce in japan

Home  > Legal Issues > uk citizens divorce in japan
Sorry don't know where to ask so please help. I'm a uk citizen residing in Japan and so is my husband. Is it possible to get a divorce in Japan? I do not know where my spouse is living and have no contact with him. We have a child but he has made no attempt to talk through friends to have contact with the child. The separation was because of domestic violence.
What should my first steps be? Which lawyers are affordable? Am I responsible for his debts or any other problems he may cause i.e. committing illegal offences. If he leaves the country will it be more difficult or easier to get a divorce?
Posted By:
Nobody has replied to this topic yet

FRIJ recommends you also visit crn japan, who are fighting international abduction to Japan and working to assure children in Japan of meaningful contact with both parents regardless of marital status